Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Spring

Spring invariably starts with a big heaping dose of Winter, so I'm not surprised that my plans have been changed. As a post-baccalaureate student I'm not really eligible for much in the way of financial aid, and being new to Idaho, I'm still paying Non-resident tuition. This is the rate that they are charging wealthy Saudis, which is private-school high. So I'm only going to take one class this Semester: CS210 Programming languages. I'm not too discouraged, I will just keep plugging away at it until I can either get residency or get into graduate school and get the non-resident tuition waived.
A slight edit is in order. I have discovered that I need to take six credits per semester in order to qualify for financial aid at all, so I have added CS270, System Software. This class will put me deep into the guts of Linux, emacs and so on. And thus hopefully I'll get less in the way of frosty glares from Clint for not knowing how to do anything.
The down side to this turn of events is that I only have one class with Ser this semester. She in taking Calculus II.

No comments:

Post a Comment